The Nixus Airway MultiTool is a simple, inexpensive adapter to aid in measuring cuff pressure of any advanced airway with an inflatable balloon. Can be used with:
Any Advanced Airway* Any Size Syringe Any Type of Manometer
1. Fraction of cost of currently available devices. Existing products range in price from $30 for a single patient device to more than $500 for a durable manometer. Nixus is a single part that can be molded with a small two-
2. Ensures safe airway seal with the patient’s trachea, esophagus, or posterior pharynx (depends on device). This facilitates positive pressure ventilation and prevents gastric contents and other contaminants from reaching the patient’s lungs.
3. Deployable anywhere. acute care, intensive care, surgery, critical care transport, EMS, or anywhere else that advanced airways are inserted and maintained.
4. Works with a wide variety of existing equipment. The standard Luer lock ends accept any size syringe and fit any cuff inflation port, making it appropriate for use with any size airway with an inflatable cuff. Barbed port on the side will mate with virtually any available manometer directly or with a short connective tube to provide accurate cuff pressure measurements.
5. Useable by anyone who places and/or monitors advanced airways. Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Nurse Anesthetists/Anesthesia Assistants, Respiratory Care Practitioners, Nurse, and Paramedics.
Why This Solution is Needed:
Current devices for quantitative cuff pressure measurement are prohibitively expensive for many providers, especially those outside of hospital systems. Failure to adequately monitor airway cuff pressure has been linked to complications such as tracheal ischemia, stenosis, tracheomalacia and impaired cerebral blood flow.